Write. Every. Day.
200 words a day… just under a page a day, will get you to a 73,000 word book in one year. It adds up!
Here’s how to track word count in Scrivener… but I like to just create a little spreadsheet in Google docs. It doesn’t matter HOW you do it, as long as you make a commitment to write, at least a little, each and every day.
Ready? The New Year is a great time to motivate yourself to GET IT DONE! This is your year. I can’t wait to see everyone’s books!
Thanks for all your hard work! Here are some additional next steps:
1. If you’re not done with the course, you have until midnight on March 15th EST to finish it. Then we’ll be closing up shop. If you’re rushing to finish it you might go in and save those last few lessons as a pdf to your desktop. Just go to Print in your browser, and choose “PDF” from the options. You can also find links to each of the lessons at the bottom of this page.
2. If you haven’t already, take a moment to fill out our course survey and help us make this even better for the next class.
3. If you want to take the course again, and get a second look at your outline by the course instructor, we’re offering the class again in April under its new name, Starting Your Book. Learn more about the course and enroll here.
4. If you’re writing a non-fiction book and want to learn how to do a book proposal (the best, and honestly, only way to get a book agent for most of us – and the best way to sell your idea to a publisher), we have a course for that starting March 13th. Learn more about the course, and enroll here.
5. If you are thinking, “What’s my platform?” join our blogging course, Building a Thriving Blog, starting March 6th. You can learn more about this course and enroll here.
6. Finally, are you curious about my book? It’s on Amazon now. Coming soon: your book.
I hope you enjoyed this course and more importantly made strides in your book writing! I know a lot of you did, and please keep us posted on how it goes. The course content is going away but the Facebook group will still be available for questions, updates and support.
Wishing you a fantastic 2016!